Tips on Forming a Youth Basketball Team
- Select a coach for your team.
- Select a parent(s) contact for the team.
- Secure a place to practice (gym time).
- Purchase practice gear and supplies.
- Obtain a working knowledge of basketball fundamentals.
- Develop a practice plan.
- Collect and disseminate fundraising information for your team.
- Collect information from each player, including birth certificate and report card information as well as a current photo.
- Post flyers in a recreation group, church or school setting.
- Hold 2 (2-hour) tryouts, look for kids with desire, heart and basic skills with financial means to participate.
- Be prepared with first aid supplies in case of emergency.