Playing on the American Youth Basketball Tour
Taking part in AYBT’s boys and girls youth basketball program is a rewarding experience for the entire family, and it only takes a few steps to get in the game.
- First, a coach will need to form a team.
- Next, the coach should register the team according to grade division and skill level. AYBT’s rating system helps to schedule teams of similar ability to play against each other, maximizing each team’s benefit.
- Then, the coach will select the District Series Events (DSEs) and the National Tournament your team would like to participate in during the summer. Be sure to choose two alternatives, as DSE selections cannot be guaranteed. It’s also helpful to choose an event within your home district, as well as one an hour away and another two hours away to allow everyone a chance to play a variety of teams.
- District Series Events and national tournament selections are due April 5 of each year. However, registrations are still accepted after that date.
- Around May 5, coaches will receive confirmation of their assigned DSEs.
- Enjoy a family-friendly and rewarding youth basketball experience!
For a more detailed description of American Youth Basketball Tour policies, see our rules & regulations page.
Do you need help finding a youth basketball team for your son or daughter? Contact your AYBT district director.