Tips for Participating in a National Youth Basketball Tournament
- Purchase and wear an attendance wristband.
- Remember that the last day is single-elimination tournament format.
- Arrange for the lodging and food/drink needs of your player.
- Follow AYBT and hotel lodging guidelines.
- Attend any special events.
- Encourage your son or daughter and their teammates.
- Avoid criticizing the other team, their coaches or the officials.
- If possible, purchase some AYBT youth basketball gear for your son or daughter as memorabilia.
- Participate in special events.
- Be prepared to play two games a day until the last day.
- Behave according to hotel/AYBT guidelines at all times.
- Play hard and to the best of your ability in all games.
- Have fun!
- Attend the bracket meeting.
- Produce age/grade/photo verification documents at registration.
- Be aware of the benefits of staying at preferred hotels.
- Watch for any schedule changes during nationals week and disseminate that information to team members.
- Distribute giveaways.
- Select players for special events (three point and slam dunk contests).
- Encourage parents to cheer for the players and avoid criticizing the other team, their coaches or the officials.